General Parking and Driving Information
If you would like detailed directions to a particular location at NC State University, please refer to the campus map.
- Hillsborough Street will be closed from Brooks Avenue to the Pullen Road Roundabout. See the road closure summary here.
- It is important to know there is construction on Hillsborough Street as a part of the phase II project. There are fluctuating traffic patterns and barrels from Dixie Trail to Brooks Street. We recommend avoiding this area! To stay up to date on information about the construction project please check out the City of Raleigh’s website.
- Parking on and around Hillsborough Street will not be available from 6am Saturday until 4am on Sunday.
- Parking is FREE on campus during the weekend. You can park in any of the parking decks or staff area marked C or B. Please pay close attention to signs as some lots have extended enforcement hours.
- For purposes of the directions listed below we are using the Dan Allen Parking Deck on Dan Allen Drive and the Coliseum Parking Deck on Jeter Drive as destination points.
- The address of the Dan Allen Parking Deck is 110 Dan Allen Drive, Raleigh NC 27695.
- The address of the Coliseum Parking Deck is 201 Jeter Drive, Raleigh NC 27695.
- You can also park in Cameron Village off of Oberlin Road. This is a large shopping area with available parking. It is a short three block walk to Hillsborough Street from that location.
- There is NOT a shuttle service from any parking location to Hillsborough Street on the day of the event.
- There will be an impact on the transit systems for NC State University, Capital Area Transit (CAT) and the Triangle Transit (TTA) systems. Please check their websites listed below ahead of time for schedules and altered routes.
- CAT and TTA bus routes that include Hillsborough Street will be altered for the day. For more information please visit the CAT website, Triangle Transit’s web page, or call 919-485-RIDE. They will have route alteration information available closer to the day of the event.
- For information of NC State’s transit system called the Wolfline, visit www.ncsu.edu/wolfline