What, When, and Where?
Saturday, August 25, 2018 • 2:00 – 10:00 p.m. • Hillsborough Street
- This event is free and open to the public
- Packapalooza includes music, food, games, and more!
Packapalooza™ is committed to accessibility for all individuals who wish to participate in the event. Questions about accommodations, additional services, assistive devices, or other information? Contact our staff at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Components of Packapalooza
- Throughout the day you will have opportunities to learn about NC State’s traditions, including the history of the Belltower and what makes it chime. We’ll also show how we are making an academic impact on the world around us.
- A festival would not be complete without food. Restaurants and merchants along Hillsborough Street are looking forward to being a part of NC State’s annual Packapalooza Festival. There will also be Fair foods like turkey legs, roasted corn, and deep-fried candy bars.
- The weather for Packapalooza is going to be steamy, so we will have various locations along Hillsborough Street distributing free water. The Play Zone and Green Zone will have large water containers. Feel free to bring your own refillable water bottles.
The Arts Zone features a wide variety of creative talent, including the performing and visual arts, local craft artisans, and organizations from Arts NC State. Stop by to see Cirque De Vol and their amazing circus arts performances, NC State student organizations, University Theatre, and more.
NC State and the local community are committed to sustainability, and we want to showcase how the University is leading the way. In the Green Zone, find out about how the NC State community is making a difference, view alternative vehicles, enjoy free giveaways, and learn more about how you can be green friendly and healthy.
We attract students, faculty, and staff from every part of the world. Come learn about the different cultures that make up our global community. We want you to be at home in the world here at NC State. Watch some of our amazing students as they perform and share talents from all the continents we call home.
Come and meet the people that keep NC State University and the Raleigh safe! In the Pack Pride Zone, you’ll have a chance to interact with the brave personnel of the NC State PD, Raleigh Fire Department, Emergency Medical Services, and the Armed Forces. Don’t miss your chance to see a real fire truck!
The Play Zone will feature water activities, including a roaring rapids water slide and a huge slip and slide, so bring your bathing suit and towel! Have you ever wanted to be on the show Wipeout? You can try your hand at our version with a climbing wall or the bungee trampoline. Our own Wellness and Recreation department will help get you in the mood to be active.
Service and Civic Engagement is at the core of our NC State identity as a land grant institution. Our students, staff, and faculty engage with communities both globally and locally to address challenges that include housing & food insecurity, health, environment, and education. Stop by the Service Zone to learn about opportunities at NC State and within the community!
Think globally and act locally is a mantra that the NC State community lives by. Service is in our DNA and we want to engage people in getting involved in the local community. The NC State family cares about everything from homelessness, housing, food insecurity, and global health.
Young Alumni and Senior Class Zone
What a great way for seniors and young alumni to network. By pairing up our senior class and young alumni, we create that “Red and White” for life. Get a jump start on learning about the Alumni Association while spending time with friends on Hillsborough Street in partnership with local merchants.
NC State has a rich athletic history. Experience the tradition by meeting Wolfpack student athletes. Learn about game day promotions, the loyalty program, and The Wolfpack Club. We will also be able to meet your NC State apparel needs with local stores on hand as well. This Zone would not be complete without our amazing Alumni Association.