The form below is to be used by volunteers to sign-up for Packapalooza 2017. This event will be held on Saturday, August 19, 2017 from 2 p.m. – 10 p.m. As a volunteer, you have the ability to indicate your availability. Keep in mind that it will take hundreds of people to help us execute this event. We will do our best to honor your submission, but we may need to ask you for flexibility with your schedule.
Some basic information:
- You will be signing up as an individual online, but we do ask information about being a part of a group (e.g. campus department, student organization, etc.).
- Set up will begin at 6am and go until 1pm, the event is from 2 p.m. – 10 p.m., with tear down starting at 7pm for some parts of the street going until at least midnight after the event ends.
- Each person must be able to volunteer at least a three hour time block.
- All volunteers must be at least age 18 or be with a parent or legal guardian at all times if volunteering.
- We will do our best to assign you to locations the day of the event. You will know your time frame ahead of time, but not the exact location or task. This will be done onsite as you check-in. The exceptions will be set up and tear down.
- Some of the tasks include, but are not limited to, working at an information post giving directions, moving tables and chairs, passing out information, selling t-shirts, serving as a runner between two locations, staffing check-in tents, etc.
- We will contact volunteers with instructions and more information no later than Friday August 11, 2017.
- Any submissions received after August 4th, may not be guaranteed for preferred t-shirt size.
- After you register, you will receive a confirmation email within 72 hours that has instructions to complete a 30 minute online crowd management certification that is required by the City of Raleigh. This will need to be completed by 11:59 p.m. on Tuesday August 15th at the latest.
- There will be informational sessions the week of August 14th sharing an overview of the event, including volunteer roles and responsibilities. You will receive more details with your confirmation. It is strongly encouraged for all volunteers to attend one of these sessions.
Click here for the Packapalooza Volunteer Interest Form
If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com. Thank you in advance for your assistance.